How to define on your artwork a custom cutting shape for printing on coil or panels media?
The flat cutting tables and digital cutting systems take into account all rectangular or square cuts. Only the crop marks will act as a reference.
However for other cuts such as round, oval, lettering, logotype, etc.), it is necessary to incorporate a trace in the print file. This route will be recognized by our machine.
For this there are technical constraints imposed on this route. From Illustrator or Indesign, use the color swatch to define and name the cutting path.
- The cutting shape must be an outline (not a background).
- The color of this path must be in other color.
- Vectorize your typo.
- The name of the color should be named on your pdf as: CutContour1 WITH this exact spelling
- The color must be 100% magenta or cyan or whatever
- The outline of the plot must be 0.1 pt (0.035 mm) thick
We have the possibility, for the stickers for example, to provide them in boards, with a cut half-pulpit and a clean cut. For that there will be 2 cut to realize:
- CutContour1 for half-pulp cutting (in 100% magenta for example)
- CutContour2 for clean cutting (100% cyan for example)