How to create your artwork for foil blocking to send to the Imprimeur du Roi?
Spot UV varnish.
Special finish you can apply to specific areas on your print work to make it shinier. So, for example, you can apply the UV varnish to your logo, or perhaps some specific text to really make it pop.
The overall idea is to create a contrast between the paper stock being used and the extreme glossiness/vividness of the varnish.p>
- Minimum thread thickness: 0.5 pt
- Minimum body character: 7 pt
- Overlay 100% Majenta
- Name your spot UV varnish file with this exact spelling dorure1
- Do not place spot UV at the level of the creasing and the cut
To simulate the exact locations where digital gilding will be applied to the four-color file, from Illustrator or Indesign, select the area and use the color swatch to define the gilding.
- If hot foil only = provide 1 layer of color called dorure1.
- If white + hot foil = provide 2 layers of color whose first will be named white and the second dorure1.
- If pantone + hot foil = provide 2 layers of color whose first will be named 871C (ex: gold pantone PMS code) and the second dorure.
- If CMYK + hot foil = provide 5 layers of color whose 5th will be named dorure1.
File with association of spot UV varnish and hot foil.
For more finishing, we offer the possibility of combining on your documents, a selective varnish, a selective 3D varnish, 1 to 4 gilding and 3D gilding to make your creations unique.
- If white + spot UV varnish + hot foil = provide 3 layers of color whose 1st will be named white, the second vernis and the third dorure1.
- If CMYK + clear varnish + gold gilding + silver gilding = provide a file with 7 layers of color, the 5th of which will be named vernis the 6th named dorure1 and the 7th named dorure2..
- If CMYK + gold gilding + silver gilding : provide a file with 6 layers of color, the 5th of which will be named dorure1 the 6th named dorure2
For information, any naming error generates a bug including capital letters instead of lowercase letters, so scrupulously respect the above nomenclature.
What gildings are available?
We have several colors of gilding for your graphic creations:
1. Metallic Gold
2. Satin Gold
3. Metallic Copper
4. Metallic Pink
5. Metallic Purple
6. Metallic Red
7. Metallic Silver
8. Satin Silver
9. Metallic Blue
10. Metallic Green
11. Holographic Silver
12. Holographic Dot